The Israeli comic artist Yehuda Devir, who we have featured before, announced that he and his wife are expecting their first baby. So, of course he created illustrations about what their journey has been like as an expecting couple. Yehuda shares comics about his relationship with his wife, Maya, and all of the ups and downs that come with it. We wanted to share his comics in hopes that other soon-to-be parents can relate to the challenging, yet beautiful, journey.
This artist perfectly captures what it’s like to be an expecting couple:
1. The moment you get the news that you’re pregnant, your whole world changes.
2. Valentine’s Day as an expecting couple is even sweeter than normal.
3. When your pregnant wife wants to help with the moving process but you’ve got this.
4. “Say hello to her little friends.”
5. When the pregnancy cravings hit hard and you can’t decide what snack you want … so you get them all.
6. As an expecting couple, sharing food (and even condiments) becomes less common, mostly because the woman has to eat for two!
7. The first baby kick is a feeling unlike any other.
8. Putting on shoes becomes quite the challenge with a pregnant belly!
9. If you’re an expecting couple, you will probably be cuddling a lot more than usual (whether you like it or not).
This is what the couple looks like in non-animated form. Aren’t they adorable??
We hope you enjoyed these comics about what it’s like to be an expecting couple. The journey definitely isn’t an easy one, but it’s well-worth it once you get to hold your bundle of joy in your arms.
Having a baby can strengthen the bond between couples, even through all of the challenges life will bring. The memories you will share will make all of the late nights and spilled bottles of milk not seem so bad after all.