We all know that embroidery requires basic materials such as needles, colorful threads, and yarns used to decorate a piece of fabric. But what if we tell you that embroidery has gone from just being stitched into cloths to being “embroidered” onto a person’s skin?
Sounds interesting, right?
When tattooing and embroidery come together, it results in this amazing skin art called embroidery tattoos. These colorful images are so intricate that you can’t help but think that real threads were used to create such beautiful designs. It’s hard not to be deceived because the tattoos look so vivid it almost seems like the stitches are tangible.
There are countless of patterns to choose from: simple flower designs, koi fish tattoo, adorable cartoon characters, or even a complex, detailed image. Seriously, the sky’s the limit when it comes to embroidery tattoos!
Let’s give credit to Eva Karabudak, a Turkish tattoo artist, who thought of merging these two kinds of creative works. She made the cross-stitched tattoo popular with her bold, artistic technique of creating colorful designs made up of small “X” like stitches to come up with a specific image.
Here are some photos collected from Instagram and Pinterest. See how embroidery tattoos stepped up its game.
- Embroider-ception? Look at how these embellished flowers got “embroidered” onto this person’s skin. Seems like the skeleton hand still has to wrap it up though!
2. Is it a thumbs up from Nana? Would she approve of this cute brown fox on her grandkids’ skin? Who knows, she might have also stitched this pattern on a piece of fabric once upon a time.
3. Of course, there’s always the staple flower design.
4. Looks like a real flower cloth patch, right?
5. Care for some Hungarian floral pattern?
6. If this doesn’t look lifelike enough, then what else does?
7. From cloth to the skin, literally.
8. Olaf will never melt.
9. Monochrome heart pattern. That needle though, ouch!
10. A multi-colored heart design.
11. Beautiful, just beautiful!
12. Carl and Ellie Fredricksen are “stitched” together forever.
13. This Cheshire Cat has no way to disappear.
14. Hanging out with Mr. Stark all day.
15. We still like you even when you’re angry Dr. Banner.
16. And how about some Marilyn Monroe?
What do you guys think? Personally I’ve always wanted to have a koi fish tattoo, how about you?