Forward Steps web site visitors can sign up for a series of 365 Forward Steps Notes.
You will also find all 365 life power tips (and so much more) inside my Time For My Life book.
They’re simply a short self improvement snippet to get you thinking and to perhaps take on board for your own life.
I have collected nine of my favorites and have listed them for you, here below.
In the words of Oliver Wendell Holmes…
As you read each of the 9 favorite life power tips below:
Remember too the words of Bruce Lee…
I have not listed these 9 life power tips in any particular order.
These are only 9, of a total of 365, and I have done my best to select my favorites.
I am sure that if you were to ask me my 9 favorites next week, they might all be different!
1. Practice abundance daily. Practicing abundance requires letting go of stuff and believing that there is more. Every day, give something, share something or be a bigger person because you know there is enough to go around.
2. Expect a miracle every day. Miracles do happen. Look for them and notice them. Think about it… I can move my arm and fingers to type these words… THAT IS a miracle. Your eyes and mind read them and interpret their meaning… THAT IS a miracle. Develop an attitude of gratitude.
3. Add “2 Golden Hours” to each of your days. No matter how busy you think you are or how little time you believe you have, this will transform the way you view time. Include 2 Golden Hours into every day. These can be one after the other or two separate hours.
One is for relaxed time e.g. reading inspiring books, listing to motivational audios, brainstorming desires for your life, creating projects. The other is an hour during which you focus and work on automatic, mundane tasks e.g. clearing your files, organizing a cupboard, attending to overdue emails. Schedule these two hours and stick to what you said! You’ll then have included 60 very productive hours to each month.
4. Do you still have something to prove? Who to and why? Do you need to get that out of the way for yourself before you can go forward and ‘create’ the future that you really want for yourself? Check in and see if your current goals are there because you believe that you still have something to prove or if they are created goals from the heart and passion-filled.
5. Compete with yourself. It’s better than competing with other people. Comparing is a trap. It can so easily be used as an opportunity to beat yourself up because you’re “not as good as” someone else. When you experience victories over yourself and your fears or your procrastination then you’ll feel much more energized to continue taking action on your goals. It will raise your self-esteem and therefore improve personal performance.
Create a list of your passions and loves, then take action in a few of those every month. Time is like money, it’s a resource and a tool for our lives when it is specifically allocated by us. There are plenty around you who are ready and willing to use it for you. Today, you get on the road to deciding how your time will be spent in the future.
7. All that matters is what are you going to do now? What you did yesterday, or even 1 minute ago, is now gone. What you plan to do 5 minutes from now and what you plan to do tomorrow, do not yet exist.
8. The little things? The little moments? They aren’t little. Look back over the life you have already lived. What do you see? Very often it is brief moments. Very often they are the little things and the little moments.
Guess what will be there when you are 96 years old and looking back over the life you lived? Again, I would assert it will be a collection of “moments”. When friends or family speak of you at your funeral, I would suggest it will again be those “moments” with you that they share. What moments are you creating today?
9. Quit making worrying a habit. Worrying drains energy. Has it ever produced a tangible result for you? Remember that worrying is not an action! Here’s a great quote about worrying, from Mark Twain, “I am an old man and have known many troubles, but most of them never happened“.
PLUS check out a few free gifts from my friends…